Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Summer" 9x12 Oil on Masonite

With each new painting I strive to achieve a higher level of craft and evolve my subject matter. "Summer" is a painting that allowed me to expand from mostly painting floral subject matter and the progression to another organic object seemed like a good fit.

Many summer mornings are spent on my front porch enjoying the beautiful homes we live near and soft light of early day. I wanted to create a painting that captured those feelings with color, light, smell, and a feeling of freshness. To me, tomatoes always make me think of August when they are at their best and most flavorful. I greatly enjoyed making this piece and look forward to expanding upon the concept and subject matter. Fell free to leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing painting with simple composition, your surfaces are flawless!

    ReplyDelete