Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Ready-Set-Go"

My latest and certainly most complex endeavor as an artist is one that required me to not only compile subject matter in an intriguing way with an abundance of textures, colors,  and dynamic form interaction but also tell a story with the composition. The study that I have been involved in for the past three years with artist Anthony Waichulis, director of The Ani Art Academy Waichulis has been and continues to be one of the most transformative experiences of my life, creatively and personally.

"Ready-Set-Go" is my big piece prior to entering the painting phase of my study with Anthony and pulls together all that I have learned with the many, many, many, many, many..did I say many!!! ??? repetitive form exercises. This is a piece that tells a story of global travel and expansion through ones talent, dedication, faith, and hard work. All the objects related to methods of travel are symbols for my own dreams of allowing my gift to take me anywhere I desire. The vintage travel case and hotel labels tell of the experiences in life we go through to gain wisdom and knowledge so when we encounter something beautiful and good we recognize it as such and embrace it. The other objects such as the cards, magnifying glass, match books tell of the trinkets we pick in life as mementos of good times along the way. The silver dollar that sits on the Botanica book was found in my garden this spring while I was planting flower bulbs. It is a 1904 silver dollar, the same year our home was built,  I had to include this in my work because I knew instantly this is how The Universe communicates to us all. I paint flowers, I was digging in the dirt planting flowers when I found this treasure, flowers=treasure=keep going, you're on the right path. This is what this piece is about, to be ready at a moments notice to receive the gift of inspiration, to recognize it and to use it to my full advantage.

Thanks for taking them time to visit and feel free to leave a comment if you wish! :-)

5 comments:

  1. I am going to try this again and see what happens! I really like this weblog because it is well written and interesting! I connected to the silver dollar that is in the painting and what it meant to you! More importantly for me, I was deeply inspired by it being the vehicle to express a neat part of your philosophy: "...this is how The Universe communicates to us all." That is true, but so often we forget! This is a beautiful painting with a lot of important life symbols within! Thank you for sharing! Warm wishes, Sandra Lund

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sandra for taking the time to read and comment. I am so glad that you connected to the spirit of this piece!! Best, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,a visit on your blog,because i saw your work on facebook(passionate about pastel group).
    And i would to see more and..wow!!
    Amazing.Just to say thank you .
    (kisses from France)
    David soret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, David! I am happy that you enjoyed the work. Best, Brian

    ReplyDelete